Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July...or should I say 3rd?

So, the city we live in does their fireworks show on the 3rd of July every year.

Their reasoning?

That way, they don't have to pay the city workers holiday pay to be out there.

Yet...

They had the parade this morning...so they still had to pay people holiday pay.

Doesn't make sense to me at all...

Anyway, we went and watched the fireworks last night. We have a special spot that we've sat the past three years where we have an amazing view of the fireworks. We always try to get a group of people to come with us, so they can enjoy our special spot, too. We had a lot of fun with our friends this year watching the fireworks. Unfortunately, I didn't think to pull out my camera until the fireworks actually started...so there are no pics of us.


I hope you are enjoying your festivities today...and remembering where our ultimate freedom lies...



Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom...

No comments: