Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, Birthdays, and Love

We had a blessed four day weekend.

We spent Thanksgiving at both of our parents's houses. It was nice to be able to see some of Josh's extended family that we hadn't seen in awhile.

(My sis-in-law and I...and her little turkey)

(Everyone except my hubby who was taking the pic)

After we went to my parents's house, my sister and her hubby came over to watch Home Alone with us. I remember watching Home Alone every year on Thanksgiving on TV, so it's kind of a tradition for me. I don't think they play it on TV anymore on Thanksgiving, though, so we had to buy it a couple of years ago to keep the tradition going.

On Friday morning, we went to a Christmas tree farm so my brother-in-law and sister-in-law could get a tree. It's surrounded by apple farms and cute little shops. We had a fun time walking around. We then ate another Thanksgiving meal in the evening at my brother-in-law's house. We played a couple of crazy rounds of spoons there and enjoyed each other's company.

On Saturday evening, I threw an ugly Christmas sweater party for Josh's birthday! It was so much fun to see how creative people were with their sweaters. We even gave out a prize for the best one. We played a lot of fun games and stayed up way too late, but it was worth it.

(I couldn't find a sweater, so I improvised)

(My husband's brothers and their wives)

(Jeremiah won the contest!)

Sunday morning, one of my nieces got dedicated at church. It was such a blessing for us to be a part of that. I'm excited to see the kind of person my niece is going to grow up to be.


On Sunday afternoon, we went over to my parents's house to celebrate my mom's birthday (she and Josh share the same birthday). My sister and I made lunch for everyone, and then we watched a couple of movies.
When we got home, we decorated our Christmas tree!




By the end of this weekend, I was exhausted! But, it was such a blessing to be surrounded by such great family and friends. I love how full my heart felt this weekend. We have so many things to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

you guys are such a cute family and gollygeewhiz that is one UUUggleee sweater! :)

xoxo