Thursday, November 19, 2015

Blizzards, Besties, and Baby Animals

I spent some time this past week in CO with our friends there.

We had originally planned to go out together in May of this year, but we had to change our plans. I missed my CO bestie a lot, so I text her a couple of months ago to ask what November looked like for her. It just so happened that she had a lot of free time, so I was able to plan a trip to see her!

I definitely didn't feel like the trip was long enough by any means, but I am so thankful I was able to go out there and spend time with them. Their kiddos are so big now and they have another one on the way!

I just love how beautiful it is there 



We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, which was really cool. The zoo was built on the side of the mountain, and they had a lot of animals there. The kids were most excited to show me the lion cubs and the baby orangutan.

It might be hard to tell, but that's the baby orangutan in the midst of all that hay-looking stuff. She's already a year old but she's still so tiny

The kids were feeding the giraffes. This was right before Em and I got sneezed on by this very giraffe!

We also went up to see Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun. My lungs were burning because of the altitude when we got to the top, but the shrine and the view were so worth it!

View from the shrine

Emily and I had tea with her sister at a place called Monteague's. I tried a Spiced Apricot tea there and it was delicious! It was so fun being able to visit with her sister.



She also took me to her favorite Mexican food place, Costa Vida, which was delicious! I highly recommend the fish tacos.

We had some great conversations while I was there, spent a lot of time with their kiddos, started on an Aladdin Thomas Kinkade puzzle, ate Emily's delicious cooking, watched a couple of movies, went to church and heard John lead worship, and just enjoyed each other's company. I almost didn't make it home the day I left, as a crazy storm came in right before I left, but after sitting on the runway for an hour, the plane was able to take off.

This was also at the zoo. It was super bright so we took this picture quick

I am so glad I was able to go out there and spend time with them, but I miss them so much already. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: