We started off the month having a little memorial lunch for Josh's great grandma. We are having a service with the whole family in January, but his grandma wanted to do something sooner than that with her kids and grandkids. Josh made a slideshow of some pictures of his great grandma and we shared some good memories and stories of her.
I went to my friend S.W.'s baby shower. Her mother-in-law and sister-in-law threw her the sweetest shower. We got to personalize and make a block for baby P.W. to play with! Such a cute idea.
Later that evening, I went wine tasting with my wine tasting friends and then we had a wine pairing dinner together. It was such a fun night and made me so thankful for having friends in different stages in life than I am.
Since Josh and I both had Veteran's Day off, we went out of town with a couple of friends to check out some stuff at Ikea and to grab some food at a fun restaurant.
The next day, my friend S.S. and I went on our annual trip to a local pottery painting shop to make some gifts for people in our families. We have gone four years in a row now and it's always such a fun time.
That evening, my hubby was honored at the school board meeting for some of his hard work in the past month. I was the proud wife who had to snap a picture of him with his award.
That weekend, we had a Friendsgiving dinner with some of our friends. It was such a fun night. Everyone brought something to contribute to our Thanksgiving meal and everything was so good!
The next day, we went and checked out a local distillery that makes vodka and moonshine. It was a fun evening. They have very unique flavors and made us some yummy drinks with them. They also gave us some good recipes to try at home. I think my favorite was definitely the drink that tasted like Tootsie Rolls! After our tasting, we went out for some yummy Italian food.
The next day, I sang for worship at church. After church, we headed out to do some wine tasting with my sister and her husband. We took them to some of my favorite local wineries. It was a fun afternoon.
The next night, we had a little Christmas craft night. I made my Christmas wreath and I'm pretty excited with how it turned out.
That weekend, I saw Mockingjay twice! Once with some friends and once with my hubby. It was so good but so emotional for me. I think seeing something in a movie/TV show after reading it makes it that much harder on me emotionally.
On Saturday, I threw a little surprise party for Josh's birthday! Things didn't quite go as planned with the timing, but I think everyone ended up having a good time. It was just such a good night of reminiscing on Josh's first 30 years of life.
We celebrated Thanksgiving a day early with my family. We also celebrated my mom and Josh's birthdays. We had a wonderful evening of eating together, watching the birthday people open presents, and spending time together.
On Thanksgiving, we had a very relaxing day. We woke up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Later that afternoon, we saw Mockingjay again with my parents. After that, we came home and put the Christmas lights up on our house and then watched Home Alone. It's a Thanksgiving tradition we have, as it used to come on TV on Thanksgiving every year when I was younger.
The next day, we headed to my sister-in-law's family's beach house for the weekend! It was cold and rainy at home, but sunny and warm at the beach! They had a special BBQ dinner on Friday night for Josh's birthday and our niece helped make him a birthday cake (she picked out the blue frosting with the sharks).
After getting tricked into "smelling" the cake
On Saturday, we spent some time at the beach and had a fun family dinner together. The girls had a fun afternoon in downtown doing a little wine tasting. The weekend definitely went by too fast, but we had such a good time.
Yesterday, after a long drive home in holiday traffic, we grabbed some dinner with a couple of friends. And watched the mid-season finale of the Walking Dead(!!).
November is always one of my favorite months, because it brings so many wonderful things, and is the precursor to the best month of the year.
Bring on all the Christmas stuff!!


No comments:
Post a Comment