Friday, December 26, 2014

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year.

I got almost all of my shopping/wrapping done way ahead of time, which made the days leading up to Christmas a lot more relaxing. The only thing I really had to do last minute was make Christmas crack (recipe here. It's deadly good stuff. I used 1 cup of butter though, instead of a 1/2 cup. Other recipes I found recommended using the full two sticks and I think it definitely made it that much better).

We spent Christmas Eve with Josh's family. We opened our gifts in the afternoon, went to the Christmas Eve service at church, and had an Italian dinner together. We took silly pictures, ate lots of yummy desserts, and played some games.

Brothers 

I called her a cheeseball and she thought that was pretty funny 

My favorite boy in the world 

Sisters-in-law


Christmas morning, we went to Josh's brother's house to watch our niece open her presents from Santa. But, we got a big surprise there...Josh's oldest brother and his family came for Christmas! All of us thought they weren't able to get time off work to spend Christmas with us, but things changed for them last minute, so they drove all night to get here! We spent a little bit of time with everyone in the morning and then headed to my parents' house to have our traditional Christmas breakfast in pj's. After our yummy breakfast, we took turns opening our presents, youngest to oldest. We spent the rest of the afternoon spending quality time together, and I made some more Christmas crack for us to enjoy. My mom made yummy ham and bean soup for lunch. Later that afternoon, we headed over to my grandparents' house to spend some time with them. And after that, we had all of dot35 and their wives over for some snacks and games. We were so excited that C. and Y. were in town and were able to spend some time with us.

So happy to have the whole family together 


Our adorable nephew! 



Normally we go to a movie on Christmas Day with our friends, but this year, we decided to wait until the day after. We saw Unbroken and it was so good. I was a little disappointed in where they cut the story off, but I knew going into it that would more than likely be the case. Even so, the movie was very good. I, of course, highly recommend the book, but I did enjoy the movie. Some of it was very hard for me to watch, being so emotionally invested in Louie's story, but I thought they did a really good job on the movie.

Dot35 wives 

Dot35

I'm exhausted after a busy couple of days, but I'm so thankful that we were able to spend so much time with family and friends.

No comments: