Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love for You: Day Fourteen

Once again...this is a little late...but better late than never, right?

Today's post is all about the greatest lover I've ever known.

God - You created me in my mother's womb...before she even knew I was there. You had a purpose for my life before I was even thought of. You spoke into my heart before I even knew who You were. You knew before time what my life would look like...and that I would be sitting here in this very moment, writing this blog. You know every deep, dark secret I try to hide...as well as all of the not-so-secret parts of me. You gave me a heart for listening to people, for desiring to help them however I can, and for loving them. You gave me a love of writing, reading, singing, and baking. You sent Your Son on a cross to die for my sins...the very sins that nailed Him to that cross. You know every time I'm going to mess up before I do it...and yet You still love me. You have drawn me back to Yourself time and time again...whenever I've started to focus on myself and not on You. You have given me the perfect passages to read at just the right times...that speak to my heart in such powerful ways...and remind me of how much I need You in my life. You have never left me alone, and have always provided for my needs. You put me in this town...that I've lived in my entire life...for a reason. You have brought many wonderful people in and out of my life...people I will cherish forever. You have given me such amazing desires for my present and future. You have given me wonderful opportunities to serve You and Your people. I am so blown away at the things You've allowed me to do for You. I am so grateful to be Your instrument. Thank You for loving me the way You do. Thank You for sending Your Son to die so that I can live in the freedom of Your grace. Thank You for picking me up each time I fall, and for being the only One I can always depend on. You are such a gracious and mighty God, a God of wrath and a God of love. I am so thankful that all Your ways are beyond my comprehension...I would hate for You to be easy to figure out. I am so thankful for the family You put me in, for the husband You brought into my life, for the church family You led me to, and for the amazing friends You've given to me. I am so overwhelmed when I think of all You've done for me...when I deserve none of it. I can't say enough how grateful I am for everything...
I love You with all my heart, Jesus.

No comments: