Yep.
It's true.
The main source of stress in my life will be gone Friday afternoon at 12:30pm.
I am no longer employed.
And the crazy thing is? I'm not sad.
My blog yesterday should explain that very well.
But really...I thought I would be more emotional about the news...but the only emotion I felt was anger.
My employers have apparently known since November that my assignment would be ending this week. And apparently, one of them was supposed to let me know...and never did. Wonderful, right? I am beyond frustrated about this. Who does that? The only reason I found out about it was because my husband happened to have a conversation with someone today that knew about it...and assumed he and I both knew about it as well. Oh so lovely...
I am not usually a very confrontational person...but these people are getting an e-mail from me. I think it is totally irresponsible to end someone's assignment without telling them. What if Josh hadn't talked to that person today? Would I have ever been told? Or would I have shown up to work in January, only to look like an idiot to everyone at the school who knew I wasn't supposed to be there?
Sigh.
All frustration aside, it's kind of a relief. I don't have to worry about overprotective parents or being told "no" by a little girl or visits from different people who all have different ideas on how I should do my job. Maybe the next time I go to get a massage, my neck won't have as many knots in it.
I'm really trying to look at it as a blessing. God has a plan for me...and that plan is to prosper me and not to harm me...that plan is to give me a hope and a future. My future just obviously doesn't involve working with this little girl anymore.
I will miss the teacher...and the students...and the little girl a bit. She really is usually a sweet kid. And, many of the kids in the other classes know me by name and come up and say hi to me every day. I will miss that part.
But man...the good outweighs the bad on this one for me. God's got something better out there for me...whatever it may be...and I am excited to see where He is going to take Josh and I because of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment