Monday, September 19, 2011

It's been another week of God giving and taking away.

My beautiful niece was born this weekend! Things are still a little crazy and there is much I don't feel I have the right to share, so I will just leave it as this: Please keep my family in your prayers.

The same morning, my dear friend found out her dad had passed away. While it was very hard for her to hear, her heart was rejoicing that he is now in heaven in the arms of Jesus.

It reminds me of this verse:
"The LORD brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up."
(1 Samuel 2:6, NIV - part of Hannah's prayer)

(Taken on our honeymoon)

God has the power to do anything He wants...and while we may not always understand it, that is just part of who He is.

I find great encouragement in this. Because I know that He can do the miraculous, and I know He can do the impossible...but that doesn't mean He always will, either. But, I rest in the fact that I can trust in Him and know His ways are best.

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him."
(Psalm 18:30, NIV)


Take comfort in that.

5 comments:

grey rose (they/them) said...

i am encouraged by that, too. hannah's prayer is often my own. thanks for sharing, sweet girl! praying for your family.

Kelly said...

encouraged by these truths for sure. i am praying for your family!

stacey said...

i think you already know, I 100% agree. :) this sunday my pastor preached on psalm 62.. i think that's the one. anyways, it was all about God being my hope, my strength, my salvation, and my refuge. that's been on my mind a lot ever since, and I always think of you when I think about God being my refuge!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend's dad. I am praying for your family and your new niece.

Jami said...

so true Breeann! Praying for your family ;)